Saturday, May 3, 2014

About This Blog

"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."
-1 Peter 3:15, NIV

The title of this blog reflects the nature of my intent in starting it. I want to give a reason for the hope that is within me, and explain how and why I can remain a faithful Christian in today's social and intellectual climate.

I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormon Church). Because of that, most of my posts will tackle subjects from that perspective, but I hope each entry will be personally engaging for every reader. I believe that the doctrine that can unite all Christians--belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, the spiritual Savior of men who will return at the Second Coming and become the temporal Savior as well--is more important than the doctrine that divides us, although differences in doctrine, both inter- and intra-denominational, shouldn't be neglected or ignored.

2 comments:

  1. I find it difficult to read the text when there is a photo as the background. Could you change the background to one color that contrasts the text color. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was apparently a glitch that removed the white backing against the text. Thank you for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete